Monday, September 1, 2008

Babysitting Miss Hannah

Last Monday Jennifer and Stuart flew in with Stuart's parents and little Hannah to go to the American Idol concert. Jennifer asked if Phil and I would mind watching Hannah and of course we were quick to oblige! And not just because they were staying at the W and were sweet enough to order dinner in for us. I was able to see Jen twice in about two weeks, and that never happens these days.

This picture of Hannah was taken no more than 5 minutes after Jennifer and Stuart left for the concert. About 20 seconds later, Hannah decided that she hated Mr. Phil's guts and only I could hold her. She was definitely the boss and she also let me know in no uncertain terms that I was not to put her down all night either. She was sweet enough to let us eat our dinner while she took a quick cat nap, so I think that was her way of compromising. And really, I kind of enjoyed the fact that she wanted me to hold her. After all, I would be handing her back to mom and dad in a few hours so I could spoil her all I want. I can't believe how big she is already and how much personality she has. She was quite adorable in her little pink tutu.
Now if you know Jen, you know that she is a major girly girl, miss junior league, panhellenic, prim and proper woman. So I was rightfully shocked when I took a closer look at this cute picture of Miss Hannah Grace Yeager and I saw that she was flipping me the bird! I guess I was supposed to ask before I took her picture? All I know is that one Stuart Yeager is going to be in big trouble for teaching this to his 8 month old, because I know she didn't learn it from mama!Ok, obviously Stu did not teach Hannah that, but it is funny to consider!

2 comments:

Emily K. said...

Ha ha -- so cute! I guess the tutu kind of balances out the whole middle finger thing ;)

S, J, B, & S said...

What a cutie in her tutu! Blake gave us the bird many times in his infancy ... I guess they can just get away with it at that age so they take full advantage.